Painter Interview Questions and Answers
Painter Interview Questions and Answers: In this article, we are going to provide some of the important and frequently asked Painter Interview Questions and Answers for freshers and experienced candidates. Painter Interview Questions and Answers pdf file download Below.
Painter Interview Questions and Answers List
Q) Which things are required for a general paint Project?
A) Following things are the basic paint project which we need:
- Tape of two inch blue painters
- P Trisodium
- Drop cloth
- Sash brush about two-inch
- Flat sash brush of two or three-inch
- Disposable liners
- The roller which was 9 inch
- Screw on an extension pole
- Roller cover
Q) Which safety types of equipment we need to follow while doing spray painting?
A) Following are the types of equipment which we should wear while performing spray painting:
- Spray sock
- Respirator (HEPA)
- Complete body Coverall
- Hand Gloves
Q) How many ways which you follow while doing house painting?
- Brush painting
- Spray Painting
- Using Painting Pad and Roller
Q) Define Trisodium Phosphate?
A) Trisodium phosphate is considered as soap or any other detergent, which we used for cleaning purposes, one of the benefits of using Trisodium phosphate is that it does not leave any remains.
Q) What are the tips to paint the perfect Room?
Following are the guidelines we should follow while painting the room perfectly:
- Firstly roll up the complete height of the wall and place a wet edge, Which will help you to reduce the lap marks.
- Take a big bucket and to get a consistent color, you should take various paints and mix them all for full room
- To get the edge perfectly, We need to wait for the paint to dry, then you can cut the tap loose.
- Following this order to Paint – First trimming, Ceiling, and wall
- To reduce a patchy finish and texture wall blotches
- To get a strong bond of paint, you should clean the dirty surfaces and Roll paint the edges for consistent textures
- If you cannot get a wet edge, feather out the paint
- To get an ultra smooth finish, Trimming the sand between the coats
- To protect the floor, you should use a drop of cotton cloth.
Q) Initially, you start painting the room, what should you consider and take care of?
Safety First: For tools and paints, using the sturdy ladder with a shelf, Cover your body with a coat, and cover your eyes with goggles, to avoid the paint from your body or eyes.
Sampling: By using the white poster board paint with various shades and give time to dry. To check the color shade of alteration, we need to put them in different rooms.
Color Choosing: We can use online websites to see the color combinations and use the color chart for the color choice.
Right Sheen: For stylized room finishing, we can use high gloss paintings.
Wash: Whenever you are going to start the wall painting then you should definitely clean it and make sure that dust-free on it.
Primer: For polish look primer, Instead of using water based primer, we should use an oil based primer, it will help to cover all the water patches.
Planning your paint: While painting, if it is finished when in the middle of the work, it is very worse. So, before start painting, you should measure and check the rooms and corners properly, then prepare the paint in bulk quantity as per sufficient.
Using Tape: Start wall painting after using tape to cover your trim area.
Q) How can you explain to prevent the color from slipping in to trim area which is covered by tape?
A) To stop the color dripping, Covering the trim area with tape is not only the method to help. We have some sealant which put no space in the tape. We can use caulk as a sealant to perform this, wiping with fingers the caulk beads, and it automatically seals the tape and it doesn’t allow any color to go across it.
Q) Without taping, Which method is the shortcut to paint?
A) Many painters may feel taping an uninteresting job, without using the taping we can still do our painting. Initially, paint the ceiling and trim it without using the tape, then using the edge to clean perimeter paint over the trim and also under the ceiling, complete it by painting the walls.
Q) Can you explain how many paint coats are considered as paint quality?
A) Color coats were based on the type of color we use for painting. For some darker colors, we should coat three layers of color to cover it. To check how much coat is required for the work, we need to wait for some time until the paint dries between the coats. If color contrast is not an issue, we can adjust with one coat.
Q) For painting, How can we paint if we use a brush and not Roller?
The following steps are when we use brush not roller:
- For the first coat use primer
- Fill color bucket half, dip up to bristle length up to 50 mm brush which is one third length.
- At 90 degrees, hold the brush to the ceiling and paint a straight line, cut between the ceiling and walls.
- Now turn the brush parallel to the ceiling, then dragging the brush parallel to the ceiling by not touching the edge of the ceiling.
- The same process can be repeated up to the bottom.
- We can use a broad brush, to paint the big and middle wall parts.
Q) For painting, why the Paint extender is useful?
A) The floetrol which consider a Paint extender does two things:
- It avoids the paint drying time, it will give a long window time period for overlapping painted areas without having lapping marks appears on the walls.
- Second thing, The paint extender helps to paint the levels out and spreading out the paint, avoiding the strokes of the brush. The paint extender is used when coloring the cabinets, dry walls, wooden works, and many other works, etc.
Q) Explain the steps to paint using a paint pad?
- To paint the walls and ceiling we should use 200 mm pads and for cutting the edges we can use pads up to 30 mm to 50 mm.
- For loading the color on the pads we use a unique tray that is customized only for the color pad.
- The pad should be placed on the ceiling or wall and it should be moved very gently on both sides.